Postdoctoral Researcher, Biological Chemistry Department
331 MSRB III
SPC5606, 1150 W. Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0600
Ph.D. in Biotechnology, Public University of Navarre, Spain, 2013
M.Sc in Biotechnology, Public University of Navarre, Spain, 2009
In order to understand the molecular mechanism of proteins of unknown function involving in pathogenicity and antibiotic resistance in E. Coli, I apply a combination of computational biology with experimental molecular biology. Finding the molecular mechanisms of these proteins will give us more opportunities to overcome on bacterial pathogens with antibiotic resistant features. My current projects include:
- Studying the molecular mechanisms of E. coli unknown function small proteins involved in pathogenicity and antibiotic resistance
- Genome sequencing of E. coli strains resistant to antibiotics
- 2012 Pozueta-Romero J, Baroja-Fernández E, Muñoz FJ, Rahimpour M, Montero M, Almagro G, Compounds used for the treatment of bacterial infections, pharmaceutical compositions containing said compounds, method for identifying same and uses thereof, ES2483116
Chapters and Books
- Keyhanian, K., Mansoori, G.A., Rahimpour, M., 2010, Prospects for cancer nanotechnology treatment by azurin, Global Science books, Dynamic Biochemistry, Process Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, 4:48-66
Recent Peer Reviewed Articles
- Almagro G, Viale AM, Montero M, Rahimpour M, Muñoz FJ, Baroja-Fernández E, and Javier Pozueta-Romero, 2015, Comparative genomic and phylogenetic analyses of gammaproteobacterial glg genes traced the origin of the Escherichia coli glycogen glgBXCAP operon to the last common ancestor of the sister orders Enterobacteriales and Pasteurellales. PLOS ONE, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0115516.
- Montero M, Rahimpour M, Viale AM, Almagro G, Eydallin G, Sevilla A, Cánovas M, Bernal C, Belén Lozano A, Muñoz FJ, Baroja-Fernández E, Bahaji A, Mori H, Codoñer FM, Pozueta-Romero J, 2014, Systematic production of inactivating and non-inactivating suppressor mutations at the relA locus that compensate the detrimental effects of complete spoT loss and affect glycogen content in Escherichia coli, PLOS ONE, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0106938.
- Rahimpour M, Montero M, Almagro G, Viale AM, Eydallin G, Sevilla Á, Cánovas M, Muñoz FJ, Baroja-Fernández E, Bahaji A, Li J, Mori H, Codoñer FM and Pozueta-Romero J, 2013, GlgS, described previously as a glycogen synthesis control protein, negatively regulates motility and biofilm formation in Escherichia coli. Biochemical Journal, 452: 559-573.
- Montero M, Almagro G, Eydallin G, Viale AM, Muñoz FJ, Rahimpour M, Baroja-Fernández E, Pozueta-Romero J, 2011, Escherichia coli glycogen genes are organized in a single glgBXCAP transcriptional unit processing an alternative suboperonic promoter within glgC that directs glgAP expression. Biochemical Journal, 433:107-117.
- Our patent was chosen as one of the best patents of 2012 by the Navarra federal government, October 17, 2013, Pamplona, Spain
- Chosen for 1st award in 9th Warsaw International Medical Congress for Young Scientists in Warsaw (WIMC), May 9-12, 2013, Warsaw, Poland
- Chosen for 2nd award in 3rd International Medical Students Congress in Kosice (ISMCK), June 21-24, 2011, Kosice, Slovakia
- Chosen for second rank of Robert I. Gross Student Award, 51st Annual Biological Safety Conference, October 19-22, 2008, Las Vegas, USA